As this is a 101 learning session, lets assume you know nothing about technical analysis (TA) and lets start from the very beginning.
Technical Analysis is a crucial skill to master if you want to trade or be able to competently analyse today financial markets.
What will we cover off over the next few weeks?
- The “Tao” of Technical Analysis – Part 1
- The “Tao” of TA
- What is it?
- Does it work?
- Strengths and weaknesses?
- Why use it?
- Who uses it?
- Versus the fundamentalists
- Different types of TA users / players
- The “Tao” of Technical Analysis – Part 2
- Building your first charts
- Trends – they are your friends!
- Patterns – they tell a story!
- Volume & Open Interest
- Moving Averages
- Support and resistance
- Oscillators and Indicators
- Japanese Candlestick Charts
- Elliott Wave Theory
- Fibonacci and retracements
- Mind the “Gaps”!
- Cycles – does history repeat itself?
- Money management and trading tactics
- Stock market Indicators
- Putting it all together – trading with technical analysis
If you have any further questions or would like to discuss any of the above topics with us further please feel free to get in touch.